“The matrimonial covenant, by which a man and a woman establish between themselves a partnership of the whole life, is by its nature ordered toward the good of the spouses and the procreation and education of offspring; this covenant between baptized persons has been raised by Christ the Lord to the dignity of a sacrament” (Catechism of the Catholic Church, 1601).
If you are an engaged couple and would like to have your wedding at St. Mary’s church, please contact the church office as soon as possible to make arrangements to begin the necessary marriage preparations.
- Diocese of Charlotte Marriage Preparation Policies
- A Guide for Couples Getting Married in the Roman Catholic Diocese of Charlotte
- Marriage Preparation Workshops from Catholic Charities
- Natural Family Planning Information and Courses
- “For Your Marriage” – a resource web site from the USCCB