You are invited to attend the following liturgies celebrated at St. Mary Mother of God parish during Holy Week this year, from Palm Sunday to Easter.
April 10 | Palm Sunday of the Lord’s Passion
All Masses will begin outside on the patio of the church with the blessing of palms and solemn procession into the church, weather permitting. If it is raining, we will have the blessing of palms in the fellowship hall.
- April 9, 7:00 PM – Vigil Mass (Spanish)
- April 10, 8:30 AM – Mass (English)
- April 10, 11:30 AM – Mass (English with Latin)
- No donuts & dogma between the Masses on Palm Sunday
- April 10, 4:00 PM – Mass on campus at WCU
6:30 PM – Mandatory practice for all altar servers and liturgical ministers.
April 14 | Holy Thursday
- 6:30 PM – Evening Mass of the Lord’s Supper
- The Blessed Sacrament will be in the chapel of repose (erected in the Fellowship Hall) for Adoration until midnight.
April 15 | Good Friday
- 12:00 to 1:30 PM – Confessions
- 3:00 PM – Via Crucis (Spanish living Stations of the Cross)
- 6:30 PM – Commemoration of the Lord’s Passion with Veneration of the Cross
April 16 | Holy Saturday
- 9:00 AM – Office of Readings and Morning Prayer (Matins & Lauds)
- 10:00 AM – We will be decorating the church for Easter
- 8:30 PM – Easter Vigil Mass
April 17 | Easter Sunday
- 8:30 AM – Mass
- 11:30 AM – Mass
- No donuts & dogma between the Masses on Easter Sunday
- No campus Mass at WCU
PLEASE NOTE: Fr. Paul will be away April 18-23 to attend the annual meeting of the Missionary Society of St. Paul. The parish office will be closed during this time. Thank you!